Last updated October 2018
We, Slant Consulting, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have questions or concerns about our policy, please contact us at email@example.com
Please read this policy carefully, as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
What information do we collect?
Personal information that you disclose to us. In short, we collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords, security data and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites expressing interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on our Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first name and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect your first name and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your credit card information, including the security code associated with your credit card. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years has been collected, we will deactivate the account and promptly delete any data from our records.
Information automatically collected
Some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is automatically detected and collected when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”) in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”) with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party (such as your Google, Facebook or LinkedIn account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon processes.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our site that may contain personal information such as your name and the company you are associated with. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and company information in the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location on the website and contact information.
- Request feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, government requests, judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or subpoena.
- Vital interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (such as when your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until it is able to be deleted.
How do we keep your information safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that he internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should always strictly access services within a secured environment.
What are your privacy rights?
You may review, change or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you may contact us using the contact information provided below. You may also contact us to opt out of email marketing. You will be removed from our marketing email list, however, we will still need to send you service related emails that are necessary to administer and fulfill our contractual obligations with you.
Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Do we make updates to this policy?
How you can contact us about this policy:
If you have questions about this policy, please send us an email at email@example.com or post to:
Slant Consulting, LLC
3900 Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change the information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update or delete your personal information, please email us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.